Espoo / Hybrid
We're looking for a Project Manager!
Saalasti Finland Oy is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machinery for converting biomasses for fuel. We sell our products for bio power plants, pulp mills, sawmills and pellet mills all over the world. Our main products are various crushers and chippers as well as bark presses that dry the bark. We also deliver complete biomass processing plants.
Saalasti Finland Oy is a reputable family business and a part of the Saalasti Group, which produces special machines and services in line with sustainable development. Our business is growing and we are recruiting an experienced project manager to be an important part of Saalasti’s project team. In this position you get to be the project team leader and main contact to the customer. Saalasti project sizes can vary from a few hundreds of thousands euros EP project supply up to several million euros retrofit project deliveries. Project manager shall be capable of leading several projects in parallel.
What you’ll do in this position
- Manage the projects according to Saalasti’s project execution model safely in compliance with agreed project scope, schedule, cost and quality
- Report status of the project on a regular basis to the client and project steering committee
- Manage project change orders according to terms stipulated in the delivery contract
- Administer project cost control and scheduling as well as progress and invoicing follow-up
What we expect from you
- Min. 3 years of experience in a project management role
- Excellent project management skills
- Suitable education (university level degree in sciences/technology or mechanical engineering)
- Excellent spoken and written Finnish and English skills
We also really appreciate any of the following
- Experience in mechanical process equipment & industry
- Experience in industrial CAPEX projects
- International working experience
- Good interpersonal skills
We offer you
- A permanent position in a stable, family-owned company
- Good employee benefits, such as Edenred lunch and refreshment benefits and comprehensive occupational health care services & insurance valid as well on your free time
- A competent salary based on your experience
- Opportunities for career development and training
How to apply
Send your application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact: Project Director Kasper Kokkonen, email@example.com / +358 40 821 2424, on Tuesday 29.11. and Thursday 1.12. between 12-2pm.
We encourage applicants from different backgrounds to apply for the position.
About our business
Saalasti headquarters is located in Juvanmalmi, Espoo, near Helsinki-Vantaa airport. In Espoo we have some 50 staff, and globally the Saalasti Group employs about 150 people. Saalasti has local operations in Canada, Chile, Spain and Sweden. We work, deliver, install and perform maintenance where our customers live: all over the world.
In addition to the bioenergy machinery business of Saalasti Finland and its daughter companies around the world, Saalasti Group also includes Teräspyörä-Steelwheel in Voikkaa, which specializes in railway machinery and maintenance. Recently we acquired Cross Wrap in Siilinjärvi, which manufactures packaging and bale opening devices for recycling industry and circular economy.
A value-driven family business
Everything at Saalasti is compared to our Values. At Saalasti we treasure the values of a family business. Long-term stability and wellbeing at work are more important for us than uncontrolled growth. This is something that our employees appreciate and why we actually grow and generate wellbeing. The young third Saalasti-generation is already working at our Board and as special forces – not because of last name but passion and talent.
Our work has a purpose: sustainability. We want to take part in sustainable development. We also want to be a better workplace. Every day. We believe that great things happen when people with similar values work together in an innovative organization and have real influence on what they do at work.